Should You Keep Plants in a Green Shack?
Living in a green shack is a green way of life. So, if you want to live completely green, you need one more thing. You need plants. All plants are linked to the healthy environment and a healthy planet. Sadly, we don’t use them a lot. But, a green shack is the perfect place for them. Beside they look nice, plants offer you several benefits. The only thing, you will have to do is to water them. But, some plants are not good for indoor use. Some are even dangerous for pets and children.
1. Chlorophytum comosum or a spider plant is the best plant for indoor use. It is already used by a million people. It will fight: carbon monoxide, formaldehyde, benzene and xylene. Also, this plant is safe for children and pets.
2. Aloe vera is sun-loving plant. It is easy to grow as well. It is useful in fighting against benzene and formaldehyde. This plant is useful in fighting against the byproducts of cleaners and paint. If you have painted something recently, it is perfect time to get this plant.
3. Gerbera jamesonii or Gerber daisy is a flowering and bright plant. It is effective in removing trichloroethylene. It is also good against benzene.
4. Scindapsus aures or Golden pothos is a powerful plant in a fight against formaldehyde. If you live in an area where there are a lot of cars, this plant is something you should keep inside.
5. Sansevieria trifasciata 'Laurentii' or snake plant is also known as the mother-in-law’s tongue. It is one of the best plants for filtering formaldehyde.